1. Protect Sheet: To protect a sheet, type Alt R PS followed by the password
2. Protect Workbook: You can password protect the entire workbook by typing Alt R PW followed by the password.
Note: Use the same short cuts to un-protect a protected sheet/workbook.
3. Merge Cells:
Select the cells you want to merge and then type Alt H M C. Similarly, to unmerge cells, select the cells you want to un-merge and Alt H M U
To sort cells in ascending order select the cells you wish to sort and type Alt A SA.
To sort cells in a descending order select the cells you wish to sort and type Alt A SD.
5. Remove Gridlines: To remove gridlines from a sheet simply type Alt W VG.
6. Insert a Hyperlink: To insert a hyperlink, navigate to the cell where you wish to insert a hyperlink and type Alt N I.
7. Show Formulas:
The Show Formula function displays the formula in each formulated cell instead of the resulting value. To show formula for a worksheet, type Alt M H.
To Insert (or to remove) a filter, select the cells you wish to add a filter to and type Alt A T. To clear a filter, type Alt A C.
9. Freeze Pane: To freeze panes, navigate to the cell where you would like to freeze panes and type Alt W F F. The same short cut applies when you wish to remove the freeze pane function.
10. Pivot Table: To insert a pivot table, select the data from which you wish to construct a pivot table and type Alt N V T.