- Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Prompt movement of goods post order confirmation.
- The product does not get damaged in transit. [The importance of packaging and handling arises here]
- The right product is being delivered to the right address.
- The product is delivered within the promised time frame.
- In case of COD transactions the correct amount is collected.
- Returns are collected on time.
- Delivery staff are cordial in the way they interact with customers.
In an e-commerce transaction, often the only 'physical' interaction that customers have with the company is through the 'delivery staff'.
It is important, therefore, that the delivery staff are cordial in the way they interact with the customers, both at the time of delivery and return pick up, as this influences the perception the customer forms about the company to a considerable extent. Delivery and return processing remains one of the most crucial aspects of the e-commerce value chain.